We are Bold, one of Scandinavia's leading branding and design agencies. That means we need more creative minds on board. At Bold, we unite strategic thinking, curiosity, and passion for design to create distinct and lovable brands for all platforms and touchpoints. We offer a full creative service, from strategy to design concepts built on extraordinary craftsmanship. We work across all industries, formats, and channels.
A Design Director is a key person at Bold and crucial to the teams, client relationships, and design deliverables. As a Design Director, you will collaborate with our Creative Directors and Client Directors as the design lead on projects to deliver world-class designs for our clients. Throughout all stages of the creative process, you'll be the front person for design and conceptual thinking on projects.
What you'll do
- Leading multidisciplinary teams of designers (of 2-5) across multiple projects (digital design, graphic design, motion design).
- Encourage and motivate your teams to go beyond current trends and deliver cutting-edge designs.
- Own the client presentations and project deliverables.
- Give constructive direction, feedback, and guidance to the designers.
- Deliver a high level of creativity.
- Create and build strong client relationships, able to guide clients through complex stakeholder engagement and cultural change.
- Ensure that the clients' needs, schedules, and budgets are held.
Who you are
- You know how to work with teams to get the best out of them and maintain a good spirit.
- You are a compelling storyteller and a brilliant designer.
- You are a confident leader.
- You have great conceptual thinking with the ability to translate strategy into a creative and compelling design solution.
- You enjoy interacting, presenting, and workshopping with clients.
- You are flexible and willing to direct the development of concepts across strategy, copy and design - inspiring others to think laterally to evolve big ideas.
- You are versatile and flexible. You can take on projects of varying nature and be confident working within any industry, any client, and learn any new tools.
- You are time-efficient and competent and can handle multiple tasks, prioritize work-streams and meet deadlines.
- You can distribute work and delegate tasks to the team, ensuring each team member is being utilized effectively.
- You are visionary, curious, passionate, and constructive.
- You are autonomous and self-motivated.
- You have a positive spirit and are a true collaborator and team player.
As a member of The North Alliance family, we collaborate with the other agencies to push digital creativity standards and industry trends – by being Bold.
The Perfect Match?
We are Bold in all senses of the term, and that should be something that rhymes with you as well. To be a part of our creative madness, you should be comfortable in your talent in graphic design and leading teams.
Qualifications and skills
- Proven experience directing design teams and working with branding projects. Most likely have at least eight years of industry experience.
- Strong and proven design capabilities have delivered on a wide variety of branding projects.
- Strong written and verbal English.
Are you the one we are looking for? We want to know that we are the perfect match for you too, so let's get in touch!
We want to get to know you! Send your portfolio and examples of your work in with your application. The first step in the process will be to meet with our recruiter in charge of the process; then, you will continue to meet the team and management.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!